Saturday, May 31, 2008

2Cor 2, 12-14 The odor of the knowledge of him

(2Cor 2, 12-14) The odor of the knowledge of him
[12] When I went to Troas for the gospel of Christ, although a door was opened for me in the Lord, [13] I had no relief in my spirit because I did not find my brother Titus. So I took leave of them and went on to Macedonia. [14] But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ and manifests through us the odor of the knowledge of him in every place.
(CCC 1241) The anointing with sacred chrism, perfumed oil consecrated by the bishop, signifies the gift of the Holy Spirit to the newly baptized, who has become a Christian, that is, one "anointed" by the Holy Spirit, incorporated into Christ who is anointed priest, prophet, and king (Cf. RBC 62). (CCC 1242) In the liturgy of the Eastern Churches, the post-baptismal anointing is the sacrament of Chrismation (Confirmation). In the Roman liturgy the post-baptismal anointing announces a second anointing with sacred chrism to be conferred later by the bishop-Confirmation, which will as it were "confirm" and complete the baptismal anointing.

No comments: