Thursday, June 12, 2008

2Cor 11, 16-20 No one should consider me foolish

(2Cor 11, 16-20) No one should consider me foolish
[16] I repeat, no one should consider me foolish; but if you do, accept me as a fool, so that I too may boast a little. [17] What I am saying I am not saying according to the Lord but as in foolishness, in this boastful state. [18] Since many boast according to the flesh, I too will boast. [19] For you gladly put up with fools, since you are wise yourselves. [20] For you put up with it if someone enslaves you, or devours you, or gets the better of you, or puts on airs, or slaps you in the face.
(CCC 949) In the primitive community of Jerusalem, the disciples "devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of the bread and the prayers" (Acts 2:42). Communion in the faith. The faith of the faithful is the faith of the Church, received from the apostles. Faith is a treasure of life which is enriched by being shared. (CCC 2624) In the first community of Jerusalem, believers "devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and the prayers" (Acts 2:42). This sequence is characteristic of the Church's prayer: founded on the apostolic faith; authenticated by charity; nourished in the Eucharist.

No comments: