Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rev 3, 19-22 The victor will sit with me on my throne

(Rev 3, 19-22) The victor will sit with me on my throne
[19] Those whom I love, I reprove and chastise. Be earnest, therefore, and repent. [20] "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, (then) I will enter his house and dine with him, and he with me. [21] I will give the victor the right to sit with me on my throne, as I myself first won the victory and sit with my Father on his throne." [22] "Whoever has ears ought to hear what the Spirit says to the churches."
(CCC 2093) Faith in God's love encompasses the call and the obligation to respond with sincere love to divine charity. The first commandment enjoins us to love God above everything and all creatures for him and because of him (Cf. Deut 6:4-5). (CCC 2128) Agnosticism can sometimes include a certain search for God, but it can equally express indifferentism, a flight from the ultimate question of existence, and a sluggish moral conscience. Agnosticism is all too often equivalent to practical atheism. (CCC 1635) According to the law in force in the Latin Church, a mixed marriage needs for liceity the express permission of ecclesiastical authority (Cf. CIC, can. 1124). In case of disparity of cult an express dispensation from this impediment is required for the validity of the marriage (Cf. CIC, can. 1086). This permission or dispensation presupposes that both parties know and do not exclude the essential ends and properties of marriage; and furthermore that the Catholic party confirms the obligations, which have been made known to the non-Catholic party, of preserving his or her own faith and ensuring the baptism and education of the children in the Catholic Church (cf. CIC, can. 1125). (CCC 1536) Holy Orders is the sacrament through which the mission entrusted by Christ to his apostles continues to be exercised in the Church until the end of time: thus it is the sacrament of apostolic ministry. It includes three degrees: episcopate, presbyterate, and diaconate.

No comments: