Monday, November 2, 2009

Rev 22, 8-11 The righteous must still do right

(Rev 22, 8-11) The righteous must still do right

[8] It is I, John, who heard and saw these things, and when I heard and saw them I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me. [9] But he said to me, "Don't! I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brothers the prophets and of those who keep the message of this book. Worship God." [10] Then he said to me, "Do not seal up the prophetic words of this book, for the appointed time is near. [11] Let the wicked still act wickedly, and the filthy still be filthy. The righteous must still do right, and the holy still be holy."

(CCC 1427) Jesus calls to conversion. This call is an essential part of the proclamation of the kingdom: "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel" (Mk 1:15). In the Church's preaching this call is addressed first to those who do not yet know Christ and his Gospel. Also, Baptism is the principal place for the first and fundamental conversion. It is by faith in the Gospel and by Baptism (Cf. Acts 2:38) that one renounces evil and gains salvation, that is, the forgiveness of all sins and the gift of new life.

No comments: