Friday, September 3, 2010

Job 10, 8-12 Your hands have formed and fashioned me

(Job 10, 8-12) Your hands have formed and fashioned me

[8] Your hands have formed me and fashioned me; will you then turn and destroy me? [9] Oh, remember that you fashioned me from clay! Will you then bring me down to dust again? [10] Did you not pour me out as milk, and thicken me like cheese? [11] With skin and flesh you clothed me, with bones and sinews knit me together. [12] Grace and favor you granted me, and your providence has preserved my spirit.

(CCC 2270 Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person - among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life (Cf. CDF, Donum vitae I, 1). Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you (Jer 1:5; cf. Job 10:8-12; Ps 22:10-11). My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth (Ps 139:15).

No comments: