Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ps 22, 10-11 Since birth you are my God

(Ps 22, 10-11) Since birth you are my God

[10] Yet you drew me forth from the womb, made me safe at my mother's breast. [11] Upon you I was thrust from the womb; since birth you are my God.

(CCC 2270) Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person - among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life (Cf. CDF, Donum vitae I, 1). Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you (Jer 1:5; cf. Job 10:8-12; Ps 22:10-11). My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth (Ps 139:15).

No comments: