Sunday, January 2, 2011

Song 3, 1-4 I sought him whom my heart loves

(Song 3, 1-4) I sought him whom my heart loves

[1] On my bed at night I sought him whom my heart loves - I sought him but I did not find him. [2] I will rise then and go about the city; in the streets and crossings I will seek Him whom my heart loves. I sought him but I did not find him. [3] The watchmen came upon me as they made their rounds of the city: Have you seen him whom my heart loves? [4] I had hardly left them when I found him whom my heart loves. I took hold of him and would not let him go till I should bring him to the home of my mother, to the room of my parent.

(CCC 2710) The choice of the time and duration of the prayer arises from a determined will, revealing the secrets of the heart. One does not undertake contemplative prayer only when one has the time: one makes time for the Lord, with the firm determination not to give up, no matter what trials and dryness one may encounter. One cannot always meditate, but one can always enter into inner prayer, independently of the conditions of health, work, or emotional state. The heart is the place of this quest and encounter, in poverty ant in faith.

No comments: