Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hos 2, 21-22 I will say to Lo-ammi "You are my people"

(Hos 2, 21-22) I will say to Lo-ammi "You are my people"

[21] The earth shall respond to the grain, and wine, and oil, and these shall respond to Jezreel. [22] I will sow him for myself in the land, and I will have pity on Lo-ruhama. I will say to Lo-ammi, "You are my people," and he shall say, "My God!"

(CCC 2787) When we say "our" Father, we recognize first that all his promises of love announced by the prophets are fulfilled in the new and eternal covenant in his Christ: we have become "his" people and he is henceforth "our" God. This new relationship is the purely gratuitous gift of belonging to each other: we are to respond to "grace and truth" given us in Jesus Christ with love and faithfulness (Jn 1:17; Cf. Hos 2:21-22; 6:1-6).

No comments: